Re: [fluka-discuss]: ROTPRBIN usage

From: Oscar Frasciello <oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 15:11:59 +0200

Dear Mina Vittorio and all FLUKA experts,
owing to your valuable suggestions I was able to solve all my troubles
for the case under study.
Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Oscar

Oscar Frasciello
Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati
Accelerator Division
Via Enrico Fermi 40
00044 Frascati (RM) Italy
Tel. office: +39 06 9403 2710
Tel. Tenocode: +39 06 9403 8114
Fax Accelerator Division: +39 06 94032256
email: oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it

Il 07/07/2015 22:38, Mina Nozar ha scritto:
> [...]
>> about 45° wrt the beam direction. So my question to you: why should
>> rot5 be an indirect transformation from the point of view of
>> ROTPRBIN? Does your comment mean that ROTPRBIN needs a transformation
>> that is NOT the same of any applied to any element of the geometry?
>> Where does the FLUKA manual exploits this detail?
>>
>> I sadly acknowledge I find the solution still too far from my eyes...
>> Best regards,
>> Oscar
>> Oscar Frasciello
>> Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare
>> Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati
>> Accelerator Division
>> Via Enrico Fermi 40
>> 00044 Frascati (RM) Italy
>> Tel. office: +39 06 9403 2710
>> Tel. Tenocode: +39 06 9403 8114
>> Fax Accelerator Division: +39 06 94032256
>> email:oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it
>> Il 06/07/2015 22:16, Vittorio Boccone ha scritto:
>>> Ciao Oscar,
>>> Allow me to start with a few geometry consideration (which are
>>> always useful)
>>>
>>> * You define a few regions just with bare-rotated-touching RCCs
>>> (*C60*, *C65* *C68* for example). This might generate rounding
>>> problem at the interface between the two regions, when the code
>>> will need to determine whether a particle is in a region or
>>> outside. A safer implementation could be easily deployed by
>>> using a longer RCC cut by a plane. In your particular case the
>>> cutting place could be used in the generation of all those
>>> regions, and will remove the risk of tedious crashes related to
>>> the geometry definitions.
>>> * Bodies which undergo the same transformation can be grouped
>>> together.
>>> * Then you mention:
>>> If you use flair just delete the field.
>>> * Your second *ROT-DEFI* card is also pretty useless as no angle
>>> is specified.
>>>

>>> Coming finally to your problem. If I understand correctly your
>>> *'n1'* *USRBIN* should appear at the interface between *C40* and
>>> *C51*. The good news is that you were almost there. The *ROTPRBIN*
>>> card only accept direct transformations, while the *star_transform*
>>> directive can both work with the direct and indirect transformations.
>>> The solution then will be in front of your eyes: define the the
>>> inverse of *rot5*, use *-rot5* for the *star_transform* directive
>>> use *rot5* for the *ROTPRBIN*.
>>>
>>> Hope it helps.
>>> Best,
>>> Vittorio
>>>

>>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Oscar Frasciello
>>> <oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it <mailto:oscar.frasciello_at_lnf.infn.it>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear all,
>>> I noticed that in the input file I sent in card ROTPRBIN WHAT(6)
>>> is wrongly set to 0.0 instead of 1.0. However it does not affect
>>> my question, because of running it with the correct WHAT(6)=1.0
>>> returns to give the same wrong results in scored doses.
>>> Sorry and thanks again for your support.

>>> Tel. office:+39 06 9403 2710 <tel:%2B39%2006%209403%202710>