[fluka-discuss]: An odd peak at forward direction when calculated the ddx

From: <s102013803_at_m102.nthu.edu.tw>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:23:21 +0800

Dear all

I would like to know that the peak at forward direction of the low energy neutron for 135 MeV/A Ne hit on the thin copper target, the result show as figure 1 ( attachment, word file).

I have no idea why it happened at forward direction in this case, the attachment is the input of this case.

Besides, I hold the beam target combination, just change the scoring range, target length and projectile energy for forward direction, the result shown as attachment word file.

From the result, the odd peak appeared at vary small forward angle (theta<0.5 degree).

So, maybe someone can give me some advice to explain the odd peak.

Ps. this is a series cases simulation with beam target combination, and the condition just show in this case, the input and data process have been checked.

Thanks all, bolun