Re: [fluka-discuss]: Number of primaries when using source.f

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 08:29:22 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Hamideh,

> As I mentioned the first column is energy (E not dE)

*Good. So long as you are absolutely sure.

> which is binned linearly

*Just to be clear. dE is sometimes used for linear binning too.

> multiply by the value of bin width

*If you say it is E and not dE, why then are you multiplying with the bin width?

It makes a whole lot of difference whether you multiply by E or dE. The latter
would lead to much smaller photon per sec.

> Am I right?

*It is really for yourself to judge. For a moment forget about FLUKA, just
derive photon per sec in whatever way you believe, plot the energy spectrum and
verify for yourself that it is what you know the spectrum should look like. The
'per sec' here is just a normalisation constant. Check the spectra.

> can I use the subroutine source which is modified for the exercise 8

*Yes. Naturally the first step is to understand the meaning in those columns
rather than the number of columns. The next step is to modify the subroutine to
suit your application.

:) mary