[fluka-discuss]: differences in activation calculations

From: Hans Beijers <beijers_at_kvi.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:43:20 +0200

Dear Fluka experts,

When I calculate the production of a specific Na-24 in a piece of
aluminum that is hit by an electron beam in two different ways, i.e.
using the RESNUCLE or USRBIN (and RADDECAY,DCYTIMES,IRRPROFI,DCYSCORE
with comscw.f to get the right isotope), I get two very different
results: (4.70p/m0.29)xe-8 nuclei/cm3 with RESNUCLE and
(4.355p/m0.067)xe-2 nuclei/cm3 with USRBIN. The USRBIN result has been
divided by the decay constant to get number of nuclei per cm3. The input
file and comscw.f routine are attached. Obviously I am doing something
wrong, but I cannot find the mistake. Any suggestions are highly
appreciated.

Yours truly,

Hans Beijers