RE: Re: [fluka-discuss]: problem of FLUKA crashing

From: Kramer, Stephen L <skramer_at_bnl.gov>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 13:24:58 +0000

Dear Tao,
It was pointed out to you that the problem you seeing is the limit in the logical expansion of the region with many parentheses zones defined exceeding the array limits in FLUKA.
There apparently is no check on this limit in the program so when it exceed that limit it causes a crash of the program and a core dump with no reason why.
I found that by splitting the VOID region or in my case the AIR region AIR several regions then each region can have many parentheses zones define without exceeding that limit.
I also divided one AIR region into smaller air regions subtracted from larger and then the smaller region could have the detailed parentheses regions subtracted without exceeding that limit.
Hope this helps
Steve Kramer