Re: [fluka-discuss]: Flux as a function energy and time

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 08:49:06 +0200

Dear Ali,
   sorry for the late reply.

A time integrated flux density is indeed a fluence, therefore to my
understanding a fluence as a function of time it should be enough for you.
If you want to get the flux as a function of time you will just need to
evaluate the variation of the flux by a simple differentiation of your
output results.

So option 1 is USRYIELD (as you weren't very specific on the kind of
problem you have to face). The point is that you will have a fluence (and
not a current) therefore your estimator will always have the cos\theta
factor coming from angle of the trajectory crossing the surface. If you
have a problem where you want to count specific particles generated from a
target you could easily use the *yield *(d_2 N/ dx_1 x_2) instead and
normalize it to the surface of you boundary.

Option 2 would be a fluscw routine customizing a USRYIELD (as a function of
time and energy) or USRTRACKs (one per each time bin) scoring.

V.