[fluka-discuss]: RE: source.f

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:31:00 +0000

Dear Faith,

You mention first dispersion and then divergence. As you are sampling the energy from a predefined distribution I assume you mean the beam divergence (i.e. angular spread) and not dispersion?

If you are using your own source routine, you indeed have to implement your own divergence sampling (as it is written in the manual - see description of WHAT(3) the BEAM card). You can however access the divergence specified on the BEAM card inside the BEAMCM common and then use it for the sampling. See also following recent discussion on the FLUKA list, which includes also some code snippets how to do such a sampling: http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8325.html

Cheers, Anton