[fluka-discuss]: scoring specific particle of complex source

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 01:32:25 +0000

dear Fluka experts,

What is the proper way to score a specific particle (say He or C) from a composite source?

I have GCR_IONF with WHAT(1)=6 meaning the source consist of H, He, ..., B, C. I am scoring with USRBDX. Hydrogen comes out right because there is a "proton" option in the drop down menu in USRBDX but what should I do to score, say, Helium or Carbon?

I tried to use AUXSCORE by choosing Heavyion in USRBDX and Z=6 in AUXSCORE (or WHAT(2)=-600)

The results doesn't match what I expect from here (pg.2):

https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/triumf2012/Lectures/AdvancedCosmicRays2012.pdf

looks like Helium and Carbon spectras are shifted to the right and scaled down.

<https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/triumf2012/Lectures/AdvancedCosmicRays2012.pdf>thank you,

Roman