Re: [fluka-discuss]: scoring specific particle of complex source

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 00:05:30 +0000

dear Paola,

Although the atomic mass of the ion indeed was part of the issue, it seems like there is more to it than that. After I have included amu, the result become aligned horizontally but not vertically (yes, I do multiply flux by amu).

The reason is possibly due to the way I calculate the normalization. I followed the Luigi's explanation here (under 5):
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8274.html
Specifically he says "For a discrete distribution, the normalisation is given by" the sum of fluxes at specific energy times the bin width. However, I realized that the fluka source files izphiMV.spc have different bin widths and therefore, since different bin widths matter, I can't use the equation that Luigi showed me.

Also, both izphiMV.spc files and the plot on page 2 of the fluka lecture are given as differential flux [#/cmq/s/sr/MeV] while the output of USRBDX is differential fluence [#/cmq/GeV/sr]. How and should I convert fluka result to the units of the plot?

thank you,

Roman