Re: [fluka-discuss]:

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 13:06:47 +0100

Dear Zhongwen

I suggest that you have a look at the input file that is provided with the
exercise on activation calculations at the FLUKA beginners course:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/296741/timetable/#20140516

It demonstrates how to calculate specific activity with both RESNUCLE and
USRBIN cards. Please note that in your input file you did not associate
your RESNUCLE card with a certain cooling time. Therefore, your results
will be residual nuclei per cm3 per primary (and not Bq/cm3).

Furthermore, while RESNUCLE, associated with a certain cooling time gives
you indeed a list of specific activities for individual nuclides, a USRBIN
scoring of ACTIVITY only returns the total specific activity.

Regarding processing of binary output files from both RESNUCLE and USRBIN
detectors I suggest that you use Flair which would call the respective
routines for obtaining specific activity averaged over several
simulations.

Cheers
Stefam