Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to find kinetic energy of particle after degrader?

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:45:13 +0100

Dear Helga
from your input I see that you have not specified a default.
If this is so you are probably using the
NEW-DEFA (our present default of defaults) which means 10 MeV threshold
for charged particles.
What is probably occurring is that you have just the calculation
of the average energy loss, which would be the same for all particles.

In you case, having 5 MeV of kinetic energy, you should use at minimum
the PRECISIO default
You also need to set EMFCUT for production and transport
electron/positron thresholds, to set DELTARAY cuts accordingly
etc. etc.

        Regards
                Giuseppe Battistoni

--