[fluka-discuss]: RE: Scoring number of particles going trough a plane

From: Helga Holmestad <helga.holmestad_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:54:59 +0000

Thanks a lot for the answer, I have tried to follow your example and the FLUKA documentation for USRYIELD. Still I get strange results. To test that everything works as I expect I have this simple setup:
A beam of 2 GeV pions going trough a 0.001 cm aliminium foil and I count the number of pions going trough the plane between the foil and the air around the foil. The inputfile is in the attachement. However it looks like I don't count any pions, this is the outputfile:

   Yield n. 1 " " , generalized particle n. 14, from region n. 3 to region n. 2
      user normalization: 1.0000E+00, adopted cross section (if any): 1.0000E+00 mb
      linear 1st variable binning from 0.0000E+00 to 1.0000E+01 1 bins ( 1.0000E+01 wide)
      2nd variable ranges from 0.0000E+00 to 1.0000E+01
      1st variable is: Laboratory Total Energy
      2nd variable is: Laboratory Total Energy
      Data follow in a vector A(ie), format (1(5x,1p,10(1x,e11.4)))

       6.9805-314

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.