Re: [fluka-discuss]: Thin foil Dose Calculation

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:17:34 +0100

Hello
Use DEFAULT PRECISIOn
MULSOPT to activate single scattering at boundaries
Choose thresholds (EMFCUT ) so that the range is several times smaller
that your layer, keep the same energy threshold in neighboring materials.
As a rue of thumb, minimum size is the one corresponding to the range of
10 keV electrons.
Regards
Paola
> Hello dear FULKA experts!!!.
>
> I want to calculate absorbed dose in thin foil of few micrometers under
> electron beam of 5MeV.
> I would like to know what cards should I use in order to make FLUKA
> calculation more accurate and precise.
> So I need the names of cards with parameters that needs to be activated
> for that.
>
> One more general question:
> Up to what minimum geometry sizes FLUKA can handle calculation precisely?
>
> Any help will be appreciated much!!!
>
> Thank You!

Paola Sala
INFN Milano