[fluka-discuss]: RE: Re: how to assign material to voxels

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 07:54:38 +0000

Hi Nazir,

please look at the thread
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8599.html
there was a similar discussion.

How do you create the voxel?
If you do it with flair, flair embeds ASSIGNMAT cards based on the HU units
Which you can even override manually in your .inp.

You can modify the "HU to material" conversion table in the "Voxel" tab of flair.
However this will set the same material to every voxel having the same HU
even outside your region of interest to the same material.

If you want to assign an RT structure to a certain material, for the moment is
not possible within flair, you have to do it manually with your own program,
which would require giving unique "voxel values" inside the region you are
interested.

Vasilis