[fluka-discuss]: Pre-equilibirium emission of low energy heavy ion reaction in FLUKA

From: Trinh Ngoc-Duy <Ngoc-Duy.Trinh_at_ganil.fr>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 22:00:34 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm studying the double differential (energy, angle) spectra of particle from heavy ion reaction at low energy beam (<20 MeV/u).

I read in this presentation that FLUKA uses the Veselski model to calculate the probability of pre-equilibrium emission of particle from reaction (page 15).

http://pro.ganil-spiral2.eu/events/seminars/files/ceruttiganil.pdf

I put the article of this model in attached file.

When I’m studying this article, I see that Veselski model is initially developed for nucleus-nucleus reaction at Fermi energy range (20 MeV/A - 100 MeV/A) and Veselski mentioned the limit of his model for the low energy heavy ion beam (<20 MeV/A).

Otherwise, i see that FLUKA uses BME model to simulate the reaction of ion < 100 MeV/A and this model is parameterized for the pre-equilibrium emission.

Hence, i would like to know how FLUKA treats the pre-equilibrium emission of particle produced by low energy beam. How Veselski and BME model are used in this energy range ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Trinh, GANIL, France.