[fluka-discuss]: Biasing and Redusing the statistical error

From: Masoomeh Yarmohammadi <myarmohammadi_at_ipm.ir>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 16:45:02 +0330 (IRST)

Dear All,

I have a question about reducing the statistical error. For reaching to this goal I used the Biasing card between regions. But the error is still more than 10% for the last layer (region) in the forward shield wall. It puts me on doubt about the value of does for that region (with more that 10% error). The biasing that I used is Correct? My doubt about does EQ rate value of this high percent error regions (specially, after the wall) is correct? How can I reduce this error for that region?

The files are attached. This is for a shield of a continuous 12uA, 10MeV Electron linac beam which hit a 3mm copper target. I normalized the dose output data with 27e10 in plotting with flair to convert it from pSv/primary to uSv/h. This make me able to compare the does rate after the shield with the safe value of 10uSv/h.

The last point, I implemented that Biasing for the Forward wall (WF group) as the first step and my question is around that part and after that.

The comments and suggestions are absolutely welcome.

Many thanks
Masoomeh Yarmohammadi Satri
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Particles and Accelerator, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM)
E-mail : myarmohammadi_at_ipm.ir, myarmoha_at_cern.ch