Re: [fluka-discuss]: fluka install

From: Marcus Matthias Morgenstern <marcus.matthias.morgenstern_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 22:50:56 +0000

Dear Valeria,

even though in principle the conversion to deb should work somehow, the more convenient and easier way is to build from the source, i.e. using the tar.gz file (just my opinion). I recently installed it on a Debian system and it worked out of the box. Could you tell me which Ubuntu and which fortran compiler you are using? Was there any error during compilation? And just out of curiosity why did you first try the 64-bit tar.gz and later the 32-bit rpm? Do you maybe have a 32 bit system installed and try to install the 64-bit source?

Cheers.
Marcus