[fluka-discuss]: USRBIN Rotation

From: Yuri Simeonov <yuri.simeonov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 18:01:02 +0200

Dear FLUKA Experts,

I have a very simple test geometry, just scoring the dose from H1 primaries
in a water phantom (parallel 5cm broad beam starting at z=0)

Then I rotated the water phantom (Rotation is apparently around the 0,0,0
Origin) and this worked fine.

Then I tried to apply the same rotation to my X-Y-Z USRBIN expecting it to
also rotate "geometrically". But it seems like my USRBIN is staying
geometrically on the same place and the rotation is applied to the beam
particles. Can you confirm this?

My final idea is actually to rotate the primary particles with e.g. 5
degrees (around the X axis), apply the same rotation to the water phantom
and the USRBIN and score exactly the same Bragg Peak as if I havn't rotated
anything. Is this possible at all?

The reason why I want to rotate my whole setup is because I have an STL
File (triangulated mesh) implemented in Fluka, which I don't want to rotate.

Regards
Yuri