Re: [fluka-discuss]: batching a run from FLAIR

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:32:33 +0200

Hi Albert,
yes you can. That's exactly the function of the qfluka.sh template which I
mentioned.

 f you click on the (i) icon in Flair you will open the manual and
searching for 'spawn' will result in a very clear self-explanatory picture:
clicking on the 'spawn' column on the side of the job will allow you to
enter the number of desired child jobs. Each will have its own
random seed.

The jobs are launched through a script and are left running in the system
also if you close flair. If you run a local job through Flair it will be
executed a separate process with *nohup* . Flair will store the
information about the job folder such that it can fetch the information
about the status of the job. In case the job folder is on remote machine
handled by you queuing/batch system you will not see any information about
the running jobs,

Jobs status can be controlled using the specific command of your
queuing/batch system.

In the same way from the manual you can access the information about how to
configure a custom queuing/batch system
Search for 'Preference' and select the 'F6.8 } Run' entry.

You can add a queue by right-clicking on the 'Queues/Submit' table. For
each queue you need to specify a name and a submission script, the template
of which you find in my previous email.

Different queuing system have different capabilities and feature therefore
it's really difficult to help you as you don't specify which batch system
you are using.

Best
Vittorio