[fluka-discuss]: Geoviewer installation on SLC5 and Spawing, parallel run for using lots of CPUs

From: Masoomeh Yarmohammadi <myarmohammadi_at_ipm.ir>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 13:39:17 +0430 (IRDT)

Dear All,

For running Fluka on several CPUs and saving the time, I found Spawning as a solution was presented in Fluka list. I have the Fluka with flair interface on my personal PC with limited CPUs on Fedora.

For running the Fluka on a cluster with several CPUs , I did not succeed to install the Geo-viewer on SLC5 and my access to Fluka on Cluster is with terminal Commands . The screenshot of Error of the Geoviewer installation on SLC5 is attached. Please let me know if you have any idea.

For the flair installation, I followed the tar-gz installation via:
http://www.fluka.org/flair/README.txt

I downloaded flair-2.2-0.tgz
then:
I wrote in terminal:

> tar xzvf flair-2.2-2.tgz

> make DESTDIR=/home/yarmohammadi/FFF install

Things went well.
BUT for the Geoviewer I follow the instruction of
http://www.fluka.org/flair/README.txt

I uploaded:
flair-geoviewer-2.2-0.tgz

then in the terminal command:
tar xzvf
> flair-geoviewer-2.2-0.tgz
> cd flair-geoviewer-2.2-0.tgz
> make

the Error of "gmesh" got appeared. The screenshot of Terminal is attached. Could you please let me know if you have any suggestion.

By the way, in the case of not installing the flair interface on SLC5 if there is any Terminal command for Spawning or making parallel runs and using lots of CPUs, as a back up solution.

Many thanks in advance,

Masoomeh

As backup solution, If there is any terminal command solution for using from CPUs of cluster instead of Spawn (flair interface).

Masoomeh Yarmohammadi Satri
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Particles and Accelerator, Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences (IPM)
E-mail : myarmohammadi_at_ipm.ir, myarmoha_at_cern.ch