Re: [fluka-discuss]: A question about units

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 21:54:07 +0000

The meaning of fluence is not proprietary to Fluka, but it is explained in
detail in several threads of the fluka discuss list, a good example being:

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0543.html

And yes, if you score the density of track lengths over a volume you
obtain fluence in that volume. To do that you would have to count the
lengths of trajectories of particles within a given energy that cross that
space and divide by the corresponding volume. Thus you would get cm/cm^3 =
cm^-2

On 6/7/16, 11:09 AM, "owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf of
mjm_at_jlab.org" <owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf of mjm_at_jlab.org>