Re: [fluka-discuss]: pair production in tungsten- reduced yield with higher density

From: nikhil shetty <nikhil.nitk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:46:47 +0200

Hello Saurabh,

the simulation results seem plausible to me as there is lower "absorption"
of positrons inside the low-density tungsten which could contribute to
higher track-lengths. Exactly because of this, lowering the density to
compensate for a hollow material might not be a good way for simulation.

I would model a hollow tungsten as it is.

Cheers,
Nikhil