[fluka-discuss]: Source.f subroutine not reading phase space file

From: Juan Prieto Pena <juan.prieto_at_rai.usc.es>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 18:17:18 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am having some troubles executing a simulation in which I read
different particles from a phase space file using a source subroutine
(I based mine on previous work shown in this mail-list,
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5931.html
and
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2887.html ).

The program runs well when I set the parameter NLINES to a small
number, i.e. 20, but it crashes when I try to read the whole file
changing NLINES to the number of lines in the file (in this case
236656). The error says:

"invalid number: incomprehensible list input
apparent state: unit 88 named ../psf.dat
last format: list io
lately reading sequential formatted external IO"

I am by no means an expert in FORTRAN, so I do not know if the problem
is in my source file or in my FLUKA input. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Juan Prieto-Pena
Predoctoral researcher
Department of Particle Physics
University of Santiago de Compostela (USC)