Re: [fluka-discuss]: normalization with SFLOOR

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:58:58 +0300

On 20.07.2016 02:29, Roman Savinov wrote:

> Dear Fluka experts,
>

> I'm generating source using source.f routine which reads spectrum from
> file and has a SFLOOR subroutine which generates an isotropic fluence
> (sphere w/ r=60 cm).
>
> How do I take into account the emission radius when I convert the
> USRBDX output (integrated over solid angle) to part/cm2/MeV?
>
> I am using the following conversion when the source is just a simple beam:
>

> where the third term is detector's area and the last term is the total
> fluence found from the integral fluence as follows:
>
> Ftotal = F(Emax) - F(Emin)
>
> However, this conversion doesn't work when source is a sphere.
>
> I believe this is because the emission radius is not included
> since the magnitude of the scored fluence changes with emission radius.
>

> Also, I noticed that emission sphere emits both inwards and outwards.
> Can I force it to emit inwards only?
>
> I attach my source and input files.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Roman

Dear Roman,

You will get /*uniform and isotropic*/ fluence inside the sphere when
using SFLOOD. The value of the produced fluence will be 1/(pi R^2) cm-2.
You can check resulted fluence with USRBIN (with cylindrical mech
scoring). See attachment for testing.

The particles, leaving your SFLOOD sphere, give you an outwards fluence.

Best regards,

Mikhail