[fluka-discuss]: normalization with SFLOOR

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 23:29:46 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I'm generating source using source.f routine which reads spectrum from file and has a SFLOOR subroutine which generates an isotropic fluence (sphere w/ r=60 cm).

How do I take into account the emission radius when I convert the USRBDX output (integrated over solid angle) to part/cm2/MeV?

I am using the following conversion when the source is just a simple beam:

[cid:5935cc82-a33f-4af7-87c8-2c34d63e2aa6]

where the third term is detector's area and the last term is the total fluence found from the integral fluence as follows:

Ftotal = F(Emax) - F(Emin)

However, this conversion doesn't work when source is a sphere.

I believe this is because the emission radius is not included since the magnitude of the scored fluence changes with emission radius.

Also, I noticed that emission sphere emits both inwards and outwards. Can I force it to emit inwards only?

I attach my source and input files.

Thank you,

Roman