Re: [fluka-discuss]: normalization with SFLOOR

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:00:07 +0300

On 21.07.2016 01:52, Roman Savinov wrote:
> Dear Mikhail,
>
> thank you for your response.
> I tried SFLOOD after following the Alfredo's suggestion
> http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0875.html
> What I need is indeed uniform and isotropic source of fluence however
> not of a fixed value but with energy spectra defined by file. I need
> this to simulate a particular solar event.
> Is SFLOOD a right thing to do it? Can it be used with a spectra file
> or it always produces fluence of a fixed value?
> I attach the source file with differential fluence of the 1956
> event to show what I mean. The units are: [ MeV #/cm2/MeV ]
>
> Thank you,
>
> Roman

Dear Roman,

Your source_sfloor.f file was correct. SFLOOD is just an uniform and
isotropic fluence (density of the tracks) within the sphere, the energy
of each particle is generated according to your spectrum (first column -
energy bin (MeV), second column - diff. fluence).

I can't guarantee, that you will get a correct integral fluence for
normalization, just by integrating the differential fluence data from
given spectrum.

Best regards,

Mikhail