RE: [fluka-discuss]: Orientation of beam w.r.t. geometry

From: Philippe Schoofs <philippe.schoofs_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 13:51:08 +0000

Hi,

For example, you can send your beam in the y direction using the following line
BEAMAXES 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 1.0 0.0

Put in the Beamaxes the geometry coordinates of your x and z beam coordinates (whats 1-2-3 for x, and 4-5-6 for z). In the case above, this means that the beam x-axis is in the z direction of the geometry. And my beam z-direction (where the beam is going) is towards the y-axis of the geometry (in other words I’m sending the beam towards y).

Your example did not work because the first 3 BEAMAXES whats were zero so there was an undefined vector. I think in that case the BEAMAXES card is neglected, but maybe someone can confirm

Cheers
Philippe