[fluka-discuss]: RE: how to scale the ct images

From: Wioletta Sandra Kozlowska <wioletta.kozlowska_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:42:46 +0000

Dear Sumaira,

If you want to change the assignment of the material to the specified HU range, please edit the *.mat file and determine your HU ranges.
You can easily do it from Flair -> Dicom/Voxel window.

In your case, if you want to define (-500<HU<300) as LUNG and (HU<-500) & (HU>300) as AIR, your file might look like :
#<Unit Material Crho_min Crho_max CdEdx_rel_min CdEdx_rel_max
-500 AIR air_density_min air_density_max 1 1
-300 LUNG lung_density_min lung_density_max 1 1
3070 AIR air_density_min air_density_max 1 1

Where LUNG material you can define in the 'material.inp' file used for Voxel creation.

Information of how to define the correction factors (Crho and CdEdx_rel), please find in the thread: http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/9003.html

Cheers,
Wioletta