Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to emit isotropically from a dot ?

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:26:43 +0300

On 26.10.2016 09:37, hue wrote:
> Dear Fluka users,
>
> the use of heterodox ion sources seems to be a common concern for
> fluka's users.
> Despite the instruction manual, I haven't been able to figure out how
> the SOURCE card may be used.
>
> I would like to create an 4pi steradian punctual and isotropic source,
> or in other words, emit from a single dot to every directions.
> The chapter 12.2.19.3 mentions a bit of code that could be helpful, but:
> - How do I insert code using Flair ?
> - What are the ZFLK/TXFLK functions ? I didn't find their descritpion
> in the manual
>

> Regards
>
> Adrien

Dear Adrien,

You can set isotropic in BEAM card, without any SOURCE card. If you
really want to use SOURCE card, you must modify source.f user routine
and recompile FLUKA executable file with your new source.

Cosines for isotropic beam in source file:

* Cosines (tx,ty,tz)
       CALL RACO( TXX, TYY, TZZ)
       TXFLK (NPFLKA) = TXX
       TYFLK (NPFLKA) = TYY
       TZFLK (NPFLKA) = TZZ

ZFLK and TXFLK are not functions, but variables to Z-axis position and
X-axis cosine direction of the source particle.

Best regards,

Mikhail