[fluka-discuss]: combinatorial geometry with VOXEL

From: Francesca Fiorini <francesca.fiorini_at_oncology.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:32:10 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I am simulating a treatment plan including a range shifter, however in some cases the range shifter is so close to the patient body that even cropping the CT file is not enough. Basically in the plan the range shifter is located inside the CT scan, in a region where there is only air but at the same depth there is also a piece of the chin (not crossed by the range shifter), so I cannot crop the CT in a regular box shape (see image to understand better the geometry). What I am looking for is something that allows me to use combinatorial geometry also with the VOXEL "body", something like: VOXEL(region) = voxel(body) - rangeshifter(body)
Is this already possible?

Before anyone asks, yes I could modify the plan, but I want to minimise the air gap between the body and the range shifter as much as possible.

Thanks in advance
Francesca

Francesca Fiorini, PhD
CRUK and MRC Oxford Institute for Radiation Oncology
Old Road Campus Research Building
Off Roosevelt Drive
University of Oxford
Oxford, OX3 7DQ