Re: [fluka-discuss]:

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 01:02:33 +0000

From: Mario Santana <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu<mailto:msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>>
Date: Friday, October 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM
To: "Panthi, Rajesh" <rpanthi_at_ostatemail.okstate.edu<mailto:rpanthi_at_ostatemail.okstate.edu>>
Subject: Re: [fluka-discuss]:

Hi,

Yes, as stated, for ions above those energies, you should link to the appropriate models (ldpm3qmd), or else you are not going to get all the reaction channels. Those other reactions will 'subtract' from your beam of protons or heavy ions thereby reducing the intensity (height) of the bragg peak, which will be smeared off to shorter ranges.

-Mario