Re: [fluka-discuss]: Built and import an anthropomorphic phantom in Fluka

From: Francesco Di Matteo <francesco.dimatteo2_at_studio.unibo.it>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 18:58:50 +0000

Dear Vittorio,

following your instructions, i was able to import the icrp phantom on fluka and run

succesfully some simulations but i have a question about the plots that i obtain from simulations. I'll send you an image of what i'm talking about. In detail, in every plot i did, there is a parallelepiped cage sourrounding the phantom. I think this cage corrispond to region VOXEL in the geometry, and fluka manual (page 298) says that this region VOXEL is a sort of cage for all the voxels of the model. According to the manual I assigned to this region the material vacuum. I also assigned air and other materials to the phantom but everytime i do the plots i see this cage contour around the phantom.

Do you know if this cage, that appears like a discontinuity, can affect the results of my simulations or it is just a problem of visualization due to the import of the model in fluka?? The plot is an energy usrbin.

Thank you very much for your help,

Best regards

Francesco