[fluka-discuss]: Conversion of ICRP No 110 Phantoms to .vxl?

From: Ševčik Aleksandras <aleksandras.sevcik_at_ktu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 11:04:01 +0000

Hello!

Currently I am enjoying the FLUKA/FLAIR capabilities, especially DICOM conversion to .vxl and reviewing it with SimpleGeo/DaVis 3D.

I am very interested in ICRP No 110 Adult Reference Computational Phantoms, however, they consists of several .dat files, and added Readme, unfortunately, is beyond my knowledge to understand ( it gives instructions for Fortran programming, etc.)

http://www.icrp.org/publication.asp?id=ICRP%20Publication%20110

<http://www.icrp.org/publication.asp?id=ICRP%20Publication%20110>Question: is there any simpler way to transform these .dat files to .vxl and use it for internal dose calculations?

I've read several articles describing use of FLUKA dose calculations with these phantoms, unfortunately only results were presented without internal details.

Thank you very much,

Alex