Re: [fluka-discuss]: how to sample source in voxels of region using DICOM images

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 19:05:12 +0100

Dear Minal,
     voxels in FLUKA are used only in tracking and it is not possible
to access their geometry at the source level.

Perhaps there are two alternative ways to answer your question (in an
approximate way):

- to generate primaries with BEAMPOS in a predefined geometry that does not
   overlap exactly with your voxels, but just follows it;

- being the single voxels regular volumes (RPP), to sample inside all of
them
   in the SOURCE.F routine using the standard random number generators
routines:
   this in principle is trivial, perhaps a bit cumbersome...

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Il 07/02/2017 12:23, minalyn_at_barc.gov.in ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I could able to incorporate the CT images in FLUKA and then could
> assign material to regions. How to sample source in the particular
> region. for example, according to my input file, the lung voxels are
> from voxel006 to voxel956, how to sample source in these voxels?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Minal Y.

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy