RE: [fluka-discuss]: missing neutron cross sections

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 18:19:13 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 17:13:20 +0100
From: "Benmerrouche, Mohamed" <Benmerrouche_at_bnl.gov>
To: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Subject: RE: [fluka-discuss]: missing neutron cross sections

Hi Francesco

Thank you again for the suggestion and guidance. Sorry for not following up earlier I was out of the office all last week.

FLUKA run still stops complaining about missing neutron cross section for Radium even though I disabled neutron transport using both PART-THR and DISCARD cards for neutrons. I attached my FLUKA input files for you to analyze. Also I have the following questions:
1, what would be a 'similar' material to use for Low energy neutron cross sections in LOW-MAT card?
2. Is there a chance to add the low energy neutron cross sections for Radium in a pre-release FLUKA code that that I can use for my study? I will be interested in neutron transport in the target and surrounding materials to obtain more accurate activation products.

Thanks,
Mo