Photoneutron Yield

From: Sunil C. (sunil@mailhost.tifr.res.in)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 06:36:04 CET

    Hi All
    I am calculating photoneutrons from a thick target at angles from
    forward to backward, using a simple beam (energy 2.0 GeV)
    target setup.USERYIELD cards are used to score the double differential
    yields. I find that total neutron/sr/e (integrated over energy) peaks
    at 90 deg ad is symmetrical about it. I have not seen any literature
    depecting this behaviour. In Stevenson et al. NIM 216 1983 99-103, such an
    anisotropy is explained away by subtracting the background contribution.
    They have commented about an experiment where such behaviour is known to
    ocuur at low energies. The incident eenrgy was much higher compared to
    what I am doing now.

    I would like to know what the experts in this field think about it.

    Sunil