Re: treatment of phi mesons

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2007 - 19:33:04 CET

    No: FLUKA distinguishes bettwen partcles that are produced and particles
    that are transported.
    All particles and resonances listed in Particle Data Group, with the
    exception of those containg quarks heavier than charm, are produced.
    Those which have a very short lifetime, i.e. the resonances with hadronic
    decay, are decayed immediately after their production. The reason is that
    even at the highest energies their path would be irrelevantly short.
    In particular phi(1020) is indeed produced and has its decay list
    according to measured branching ratios (dominated in this case by
    Klong+Kshort)
    Internally to the code, Produced particles and transported particles
    have different numbering schemes. Only transported particle numbers
    are normally accessible to the user.

            Giuseppe Battistoni