Re: Crash with no messages

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2007 - 16:56:08 CET

    Hi Joseph
    First of all there is the question of gdb.
    Which linux version are you running? Let us know, probably there can be
    some patch to be inserted in order to let gdb work (there is a well known
    problem in the interaction between gdb, g77 and many kernel versions)
    I say this because it should be of interest for many users.

    Second: please change all your rand() function call to the use of
    flrndm(xdummy) function (the call to the random number of fluka). A part
    from many technical reasons and quality of the pseudo-random algorithm,
    in the way you will benefit from the possibility of reproducing
    histories starting from the last random seed left by FLUKA.
    Also this item should be considered by all FLUKA users.

    Third; your specific problem is the following. In source.f you define a
     C = (y0-R)*S/(A1*x1) + exp(-aa1/x1)
    For reasons that I leave to you to understand, at some time
    C happens to be <0 and you go into error (Arithmetic exception) at the
    line where:

    E2 = -x1*log(C)

    In particular, I got:
    C = -0.00043633548082916418