RE: Source.f problem...?

From: Markus Brugger (Markus.Brugger@cern.ch)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 19:17:39 CET

    Hi Preeksingh,

    it's a bit difficult to judge where exactly is the origin of you problem
    without checking (i.e., having it first) your source and input file. I
    recommend to check a couple of general important hints:

    - are you correctly setting the direction cosine in your source routine
    (you use NEGATIVE (check TZFLK or if you use it as in one of your former
    questions: WBEAM!)
    - don't forget to set all required parameters (beam position,
    energy/momentum,...)
    - put debug statements into your source routine in order to check what
    you're actually calling and if this corresponds to what you expect
    (especially since you want to sample the kinetic energy from a file (if
    the distribution is Gaussian or rectangular you can also directly use
    WHAT(2) of BEAM)
    - check carefully chapter 13 of the manual containing examples on how-to
    load particles on the stack in the source routine, read from an external
    file, etc...
    - you can also find some additional explanations at:
    http://www.fluka.org/course/WebCourse/user/index.html

    If everything fails then we would need the source routine and input-file
    to check!

    cheers

    Markus