Re: Same input different results

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 13:49:57 CEST

    Are you sure you post-processed correctly the FC2 output?

    >From the file you provided it seems that test-FC2-fort.47.txt is not
    the output of a boundary crossing reading/interpreting a bdx binary
    file but rather the one of another code (a tracklength sum/reading one?)
    applied wrongly to a bdx output.

                       Ciao
                      Alfredo

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Sunil C wrote:

    > Hi All
    > I have been trying to run a source routine with a simple geometry. I have
    > two concentric spheres and am checking the boundary crossing from the inner
    > sphere to the outer with the source at the center. I am expecting a
    > cumulative yield of 1.0 since I have vacuum all around. I used the same
    > input and source routine on two different machines. While I get the expected
    > result on my laptop( with Fedora core 6) , I get a cumulative yield of
    > 0.7on my desktop (running FC2). I also see from the USRBDX that the
    > energy
    > has been sampled properly from the source, as the plot of cumulative from
    > the USRBDX perfectly matches my cumulative input in the source. This is not
    > so in the other case.
    > I have attached the input, source.f and the outputs from the 2 different
    > machines.
    > Can someone please tell what is happening?
    >
    > Regards
    > Sunil

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |