Re: Get the position of secondaries.

From: Francesco Cerutti (Francesco.Cerutti@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 00:56:32 CEST

    Dear Yung-Shun,

    > I have a question about X(YZ)SCO. Does X(YZ)SCO only record the position
    > of primary muon interaction, or it record all interactions' positions.

    they record all interactions' positions.

    > I have set counting neutron only for icode=101, but the problem that the
    > neutron position distribution is anomalous still exit. I think my geometry
    > and material assignement is ok. Because it is only a cube filled with
    > C10H22. Let me briefly describ my simulation. I setup a beam of muon
    > injecting the cube, and then get the information of neutrons.

    My simple guess is that you did a plotting mistake. I ran 3d4 primaries
    with your input and your mgdraw [by the way in the statement

                   if(kpart(ip).eq.8 .and. kpart(ip).gt.hikin) nocount=ip

    the second condition does not make any sense (hikin=0d0 always). In fact
    it does not affect at all the assignment, but I think you had in mind
    tki(ip) instead - why? -.]
    The resulting distribution is attached. I let you interpret it more
    deeply, but at a glance it does not look unreasonable (you can of
    course improve the statistics).

    Cheers

    Francesco

    Francesco Cerutti