[fluka-discuss]: Properties of mgdraw

From: Kevin Crust <kjc5697_at_psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:20:58 -0400

Hello Fluka experts,

I have been doing some simulations with Fluka in an attempt to model neutron
behavior when introduced into ice (I had asked a brief question last month
and the responses were very helpful) but I have some questions regarding
mgdraw and some other the variables within it. The results I have been
getting do not make sense based on my limited theoretical understanding, so
I am not sure if I have been doing something wrong in the input/user routine
or if I am simply misunderstanding my results.

First and foremost, what defines a new 'trajectory' by which the main mgdraw
will write its set of variables? Does this necessarily mean that a
collision has occurred? Additionally, what defines a generation in L track?
In my data I will sometimes see the same generation appear for a few
trajectories in a row, so I am not sure what this represents. Finally, is
there any way for me to have Fluka tell me what particle finally absorbs the
neutrons that I am introducing.

If it would be beneficial, I can attach my input, mgdraw.f, and/or a sample
output file to further clarify what I am asking about. Any assistance you
could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Crust
The Pennsylvania State University
Physics and Mathematics