[fluka-discuss]: RE: To change the number of particles per event

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 14:12:00 +0000

Dear Saneesh,

Loading more than one particles in the primary stack is most commonly done by creating a loop in the source routine including from above the line: "NPFLKA = NPFLKA + 1" down to and including the line: "CMPATH (NPFLKA) = ZERZER"

In this way you increase the NPFLKA variable that determines the particle number that is loaded and load the information of the different particles in the stack.

That said. It is not quite clear to me what it is that you are trying to achieve. Therefore I am a bit puzzled of your understanding of the consequences of loading more than one particles in the primary stack in FLUKA.
Given your comment:
"For example, if I set three neutron per event, I can have 3000 neutrons for 1000 events."

This doesn't make sense in FLUKA.
If you load 3 neutrons per primary (event as you call it) then you will get results that are given per 3 primary neutrons (e.g. for energy deposition GeV/primary where primary now corresponds to 3 neutrons).

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis