RE: [fluka-discuss]: Problems using both DCYSCORE and AUXSCORE

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 20:41:59 +0000

Dear user,

If what you want is to score promt neutron dose then you should run a dedicated run without irradiation (remove DCYSCORE and RADDECAY) in order to calculate the dose/primary. Then you can normalise your results with the given irradiation time to find the total dose after irradiation.

The point is that any detector coupled to DCYSCORE scores only decay radiation (electrons/positrons/photon).
So the prompt radiation is not seen and therefore any NEUTRON filter will not show results.

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis
Dep. EN/STI, CERN