RE: [fluka-discuss]: FLUKA Ray tracing

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 08:18:26 +0100

Dear Yuri
for your information, an example program for reading ray output, with
description of the output quantities, is in the manual, in the section
"Use of ray quasiparticles".
One can also intercept ray tracing in the mgdraw.f user routine, and
output custom quantities. The entries called are mgdraw, bxdraw and
eedraw. (Instruction on how to write and activate a custom mgdraw.f
routine are in the manual or in the slides of the advanced fluka courses)
Regards
Paola

> Dear Yuri,
>
> I've used the RAY many-many years ago, so as far as I remember
> the answer is yes, you can use the RAY particle for any geometry including
> voxel.
> It will report in a file the regions, distance, material plus some other
> quantities
> for everything that will intersect the ray's path. You have to make your
> own custom
> analysis program to convert to WET.
>
> Regards
> Vasilis