RE: How to vary some parameter automatically per run

From: Tang, Alfred (atang@phys.ksu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 22:30:10 CEST

    Hi Yung-Shun,
    What I have done for a similar study is to propagate the muons from the surface of the mountain according to a realistic muon profile to a hemispherical rock shield underground of 30m radius. Then I let FLUKA take over the simulation inside the hemispherical rock. You can download my MUSIC muon generator from http://www.phys.ksu.edu/personal/atang/gmusic.tgz if you wish. The muon momenta on the surface of the hemispherical rock are contained in an ASCII file called pxyz.dat as input to FLUKA. In your FLUKA INP file, you need a line with just one word "SOURCE" somewhere between the BEAMPOS and GEOBEGIN cards. If you are following my setup, then you can just use my version of source.f file called source_n.f which is attached with this email. At the end of your FLUKA INP file, you need to specify the number of muons (#muons) by including a line:
    START #muons
    just before "STOP". (#muons <= number of muons in pxyz.dat)
    To run these files, follow these steps:
    $ fff source_n.f
    $ lfluka -o nfluka -m fluka source.o
    $ rfluka -e nfluka your.inp
    Of course, nfluka (your FLUKA library) and your.inp (your FLUKA INP file) are arbitrary names which can be anything you want. Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Alfred

    Alfred Tang
    Physics Department