Re: [fluka-discuss]: Dose registered in regions event by event

From: Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:06:19 +0100

Dear Adam,

What compilation error did you get? Make sure you compiled a la

  $FLUPRO/flutil/fff readBIN_mod.f
  $FLUPRO/flutil/lfluka readBIN_mod.o -o readbin_mod

To check whether this fortran code does what you need, you can consider
running the same example with formatted (ascii) EVENTBIN output and
compare the respective outputs.

With kind regards,

Cesc

On Wed, Mar 07 2018, at 15:48 +0100, adwasil wrote:

>Thanks Cesc.
>I still have one simple question. How can I read binary output files from eventbin card efficiently? I tried to run readBIN_mod.f file from the http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8370.html topic, but it doesn't compile correctly.
>Regards
>Adam
>

>W dniu 2018-03-07 11:48:22 użytkownik Francesc Salvat-Pujol <francesc.salvat.pujol_at_cern.ch> napisał:
>> Dear Adam,
>>
>> An EVENTDAT or EVENTBIN is probably sufficient for your needs:
>>
>> ===
>> {EVENTDAT}
>>
>> (...)
>> Prints event by event the scored star production and/or energy
>> deposition in each region, and the total energy balance.
>> ===
>>
>> ===
>> {EVENTBIN}
>>
>> (...)
>> Superimposes a binning structure to the geometry and prints the
>> result after each "event"
>> ===
>>
>> Keep an eye on the size of the output files, as the disk can be quickly
>> filled.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> Cesc
>>
>> PS: your sample is defined as two RCCs with one touching surface. To
>> stay on the safe side, these situations should be avoided on potential
>> roundoff-error grounds: it is safer to use a single RCC and a plane to
>> separate the two regions. See e.g. slide 39 in
>> https://indico.cern.ch/event/604018/contributions/2435684/attachments/1395449/2242749/06_Geometry_2017.pdf
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 06 2018, at 16:07 +0100, adwasil wrote:
>> >
>> >Dear FLUKA users and experts.
>> >How do I find and register in the DUMP file the total DOSE (or even the energy amount deposited) deposited in the DET1 and DET2 regions event by event? I need to have a DOSE comparison for each event, just like for Ele_plot07 plot.
>> >I attach my input files.
>> >Regards
>> >Adam Wasilewski
>>

>> --