About simulating neutron propagation

From: Yung-Shun Yeh (adair.py94g@nctu.edu.tw)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 19:30:05 CEST

    Dear FLUKA users,

    Could you give me instructions about simulating neutron propagation using
    FLUKA? I am confusing in choosing DEFAULTS card. If I want to simulate the
    neutron propagation, is it better to set SDUM=NEUTRONS in th DEFAULTS card?
    I read the manual, the NEUTRONS is suitable for low energy
    neutrons(<19.6MeV). Is it suitable for high energy neutrons?

    My simulation configuration is to generate 1 million neutron with
    mono-energy (5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 150MeV) in a center of a ball filled
    with various materials: water, concrete..., and the see how many neutrons
    penetrating through the boundary and the energy spectrum. I don't know how
    to set the DEFAULTS card. Please help me. If the DEFAULTS card is specified,
    do I need adding some PHYSICS cards, energy cut or other interaction?
    Attachment is the inp file. Thank you very much.

    Best regards,
    Yung-Shun Yeh