Re: problem in running large gamma showers

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 10:54:52 CET

    Hi John
    we hope that using the last FLUKA respin your problem is definitively
    fixed, and we thank you for having pointed out that hidden bug.
    In addition to this I wish to recommend 2 other issues for your
    case:
    a) in addition to yout EMF-CUT cards with blank SDUM to control transport
    cutoff of e+,e-,gamma, you should also introduce EMF-CUT cards with
    SDUM=PROD-CUT, in order to take full control of production thresholds.

    b) it has been tested (Paola Sala) that if you take away the STEPSIZE
    cards and set the first 3 WHAT of the magnetic field card
    MGFIELD to values that we have used before for atmospheric shower
    simulations ( MGFIELD 20. 100. 30. ..... ), then the messages in the logs
    concerning problems in precision will disappear. This should speed up a
    little your problem.

            Best regards
                    Giuseppe