Negative spectra when processed by flair

From: Wilkinson, Jeff (jeff.wilkinson@medtronic.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 15:00:15 CET

    I have been using flair to combine USRBDX files from a number of runs on multiple computers. This works fine when the total number of particles from all runs is less than ~2^31 (2.1E9). When I exceed that number the plotted spectrum suddenly becomes negative. The spectra remain negative until the total particles exceed ~2^32. The total number of primaries reported in the usrbdx_23_sum.lis is also a negative value at this time, although the total weight of primaries is correctly summed (see attached file). I believe that the plot is incorrect because it is being scaled with this negative value.

    Is there a workaround for this or am I doing something wrong to trigger it? I have combined values from ASCII dumps of the USRBDX and the spectra are normal if they are scaled using the primaries weight, rather than the total number.

    Regards,
    Jeff Wilkinson
    Medtronic Technical Fellow, Sr Principal R&D Engineer
    Medtronic, Inc -- 8200 Coral Sea St NE -- Mounds View, MN 55112 USA
    763-526-0483

    [CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

    Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

    To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com